Friday, October 16, 2009

Bruce Almighty brings my Sears dryer back to life

An affable guy named Bruce from my old repair shop favorite, A&E Factory Service, showed up to fix my dryer. He was not from Colorado Springs like the competent Norman of old, which makes me wonder if the A&E repair guys are semi-independent contractors, perhaps. I believe Bruce is from Arvada.

Regardless, he got straight to work in my messy washroom. After about half an hour of tinkering with the dryer, he told me the element had burnt out. I now have a new element, a working dryer and boundless gratitude for Bruce. He refused any remuneration, so here's to you, Bruce, wherever you are. Thank you. You restored my faith in Sears.

I highly recommend A&E for your appliance repairs, in Colorado at least, because they have now fixed my broken dryer twice. They've done so quickly and efficiently both times. They're just all around good guys. And Sears? Well,

1. Sears customer service has cut the block of time one has to allocate from all day to a four hour period.
2. They rescheduled just once this time.
3. They called ahead to let me know they needed to change the time- a huge improvement.
4. Yet again, the repair guy was competent, professional and pleasant.

So, thank you, Sears and A&E. This was a much better experience than last year. I am glad I am still a customer.

1 comment:

John Tondra said...

I have no love for Sears and there service, I can attest to A&E in Pittsburgh as doing a stellar job subcontracted to Samsung. They were prompt, clean, informative, and of course Samsung paid the bill so I loved it all.
Best,
John Tondra
www.kinderglo.com