Thursday, July 17, 2008

Other complaints about Sears' bad customer service

Since I am stuck at home, I thought I'd Google "Sears bad customer service." There are 39 stories that use that phrase, from sites like ripoffreport, blogasm, epinions, and my3cents.com.

Shockingly Bad Customer Service - Appliance Repair - My Home
Posted By: Darwyn on My3cents.com on 4/22/2008; Location: CA

More Bad Customer Service: Sears Seriously S**ks June, 2008

This article claims the individual tried to call Sears' CEO and was told he has neither voice mail nor email. Their issue is that they ordered an item online and were sent a damaged floor model. The hoops they're jumping through are much more frustrating than my relatively small issue.

They provide an Executive Customer Service number: 1-800-549-4505. Someone says in a follow up post that Sears' CEO has been ousted.

Sears customer service information from an employee (from 2004) and a complaint from a customer about the relentless calls to extend the warranty Location: CA

(Incidentally, we have extended warranties on all our Sears appliances. That was clearly a mistake)

In fairness, here is a positive story about Sears' customer service, although the theme seems to be keep going until you get to the right executive to fix your problem.

I think this guy sums it up, though. Here is a teaser:


"What really sets Sears apart, however, is their ability to be so consistently bad at customer service up and down the line. Recall that at this point I have had bad service from a service technician, a saleswoman, a manager, and a customer service rep. But Sears was just getting warmed up."


Sears brand, the old reliable, is certainly not what it used to be.

No comments: