Monday, July 21, 2008

Sears puts the cuss in customer service - day 10

Tonight I spoke with Marco of Sears' truly, putridly, execrably bad customer service. As you'll recall, ol' Bob with the Texas twang told me that if I called the night before service was scheduled, anyone on the Sears phone support team would be able to see the routing and tell me what number I would be in line. Kai also affirmed that when she told me she would call me back after 6:00, when she could see the routing. Of course, she never called back and anything Sears phone reps say is suspect, but I decide to press on.

Alas, Marco denied that he could see the routing. Senor Marco, of Sears' incredibly cavalier and cruddy customer service, told me that he could only commit to the technician being here between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. When I mildly inquired why two other people told me he would be able to see the routing, Marco told me that "In really weird cases we can do that. But,normally, we can't see the routes."

I asked if he was in "kitchen," since Bob implied he was in a special group. Marco says "I am in phone service. That is all there is."

I politely asked for customer relations. Marco informed me that they closed two hours ago. Now, when I called last week, I spoke to customer service at 8:20 p.m. Apparently, their hours have changed.

I say, "So, you cannot see the routing, and there is no way to escalate my call so I might be able to narrow this down?" According to Marco, there is nothing I - or he - can do.

Perhaps Sears' support does have new hours. Perhaps Marco is just riffing, because there is clearly no script for Sears' woefully decrepit customer service.

I have to admit, I love the "we can only see the routing in really weird cases" line. That is surreal both for its lack of logic and the utter disdain for me, the soon-not-to-be-a-Sears customer.

No comments: